Hello, Bonsai enthusiasts. I am sure that, like farmers, you have your tools ready and are eager to get to work on your trees. It’s a little easier for us to fight the cold than farmers, whose fields can’t be moved!
Appropriately enough, when we held a meeting at Paradigm last year, the presentation was given by Jerry Harder on Ginkgo trees. At this meeting, Jerry will kick off the meeting with a demonstration of air layering – a great way to propagate favored trees. He’ll cover:
- General purposes and types of layering
- Special considerations for layering in bonsai
- Checking out specifics on the internet
- How why air layering works xylem, phloem, cambium
- Different types of layering used in bonsai
- Layering demonstration
- Uncovering some of my existing layers to see how they are doing
Bring a tree to air layer or for repotting or just to work on!
Bring a tree to air layer, to repot, or just to work on! We’d also like to finalize the plans for our spring show. Set up is on May 3 for the show, while the main event is May 4-6 at Lauritzen, just a few weeks off!
We look forward to seeing you–unless you are going to be part of the collecting trip offered by Jennifer Riepe that same day. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or change of plans.
President, NE Bonsai Society